With so many different professional brands hair straighteners’ on the market, it can be overwhelming to figure out which one is best for you. Knowing what specifications to look for will help you figure out which flat iron to invest in- the one that will help you achieve your signature look.
To help you in your quest for perfect hair, Haysam Eid, Managing Director at EIDEAL shares with us five secrets to what you should look for when purchasing the “right” flat iron.
- Diamond-Coated & Floating Plates– Plate materials used in straighteners can add the magic touch of a hairdresser. The use of rare diamond-coated plates in flat irons can not only protect the hair from damage, but can provide a glossier and smoother texture to any type of hair. Floating plates adjust to each strand of your hair and lessen the risk to overheat or pull on hair.
- Temperature: It is important to remember that there is a particular temperature at which you should be straightening your hair. Too low, and your hair becomes dull and lifeless. Too high, and you can burn your hair and even cause irreversible damage.
- Fast and maximum heat-up: It shouldn’t take more than 10 seconds for your flat iron to heat up to a temperature of 230⁰C. This is important to ensure your hair is protected from damage and that you are able to achieve your look without running late!
- Rounded smooth- shape casing: This turns your straightener into a versatile 2 in 1 tool! The round smooth shape allows you to curl your hair without the creation of unwanted lines or edges, giving you flowing waves. Investing in a flat iron with a round shape, allows for options of multi-use and lessens the clutter of tools on your dressing table as well.
- Safety Mode: The flat iron should automatically switch off in case of defect to prevent any hair damage. It neutralizes threats to the life span of your flat iron by helping to avoid overheating and electrical issues. More importantly, it protects your hair from heat damage and it elongates its life span.